This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells a nurse, I sometimes get into trouble because I make quick decisions and act on ... (Read 76 times)

sc00by25

A patient tells a nurse, I sometimes get into trouble because I make quick decisions and act on them. A therapeutic response would be:

a. Let's consider the advantages of being able to stop and think before acting.
  b. It sounds as though you've developed some insight into your situation.
  c. I'll bet you have some interesting stories to share about overreacting.
  d. It's good that you're showing readiness for behavioral change.

Question 2

A patient's spouse filed charges of battery. The patient says, I'm sorry for what I did. I need psychiatric help. The patient has a long history of acting-out behaviors and several arrests.

Which statement by the patient suggests an antisocial personality disorder?

a. I have a quick temper, but I can usually keep it under control.
  b. I've done some stupid things in my life, but I've learned a lesson.
  c. I'm feeling terrible about the way my behavior has hurt my family.
  d. I hit because I'm tired of being nagged. My spouse deserves the beating.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tjayeee

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
The patient is showing openness to learning techniques for impulse control. One technique is to teach the patient to stop and think before acting impulsively. The patient can then be taught to evaluate the outcomes of possible actions and choose an effective action. The incorrect responses shift the encounter to a social level or are judgmental.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The patient with an antisocial personality disorder often impulsively acts out feelings of anger and feels no guilt or remorse. Patients with antisocial personality disorders rarely seem to learn from experience or feel true remorse. Problems with anger management and impulse control are common.

sc00by25

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Kedrick2014

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library