This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells the nurse, I make decisions each day that have a positive effect on my life. This ... (Read 56 times)

burton19126

A patient tells the nurse, I make decisions each day that have a positive effect on my life. This statement is most closely related to the spiritual construct of

a. making meaning through choices.
  b. a presence that orders the world.
  c. higher purpose and principles.
  d. higher power and achievement.

Question 2

To reduce the risk of a lawsuit based on false imprisonment, mental health nurses must give the highest priority to which intervention?

a. Educating patients about unit protocols
  b. Providing adequate treatment during hospitalization
  c. Selecting the least restrictive treatment environment that will be effective
  d. Ensuring that patients have probable-cause hearings within 24 hours of admission

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

yifu223

Answer to Question 1

A
Frankl advocated that humans find meaning when they commit themselves to something beyond themselves. Making meaningful choices improves an individual's mental health. The constructs mentioned in the other options have less to do with the individual's decision making described in the scenario.

Answer to Question 2

C
Treating a patient in the least restrictive environment that will be effective lessens the threat of the patient bringing civil suit for false imprisonment. In the least restrictive environment the disruption to patient rights is minimized. Providing information about unit rules and providing adequate treatments are of less immediate importance than ensuring the least restrictive alternative. Probable-cause hearings are necessary only in certain cases.

burton19126

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

frankwu0507

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

Eating food that has been cooked with poppy seeds may cause you to fail a drug screening test, because the seeds contain enough opiate alkaloids to register as a positive.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library