This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which patient would a nurse refer to partial hospitalization? An individual who: a. spent ... (Read 18 times)

wenmo

Which patient would a nurse refer to partial hospitalization? An individual who:

a. spent yesterday in the 24-hour supervised crisis care center and continues to be actively suicidal.
  b. because of agoraphobia and panic episodes needs psychoeducation for relaxation therapy
  c. has a therapeutic lithium level and reports regularly for blood tests and clinic follow-up.
  d. states, I'm not sure I can avoid using alcohol when my spouse goes to work every morning.

Question 2

A patient tells the nurse at the clinic, I haven't been taking my antidepressant medication as directed. I leave out the midday dose. I have lunch with friends and don't want them to ask me about the pills.

Select the nurse's most appropriate intervention.

a. Investigate the possibility of once-daily dosing of the antidepressant.
  b. Suggest to the patient to take the medication when no one is watching.
  c. Explain how taking each dose of medication on time relates to health maintenance.
  d. Add the nursing diagnosisIneffectiv e therapeutic regimen management, related to lack of knowledgeto the plan of care.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

patma1981

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
This patient could profit from the structure and supervision provided by spending the day at the partial hospitalization program. During the evening, at night, and on weekends, the spouse could assume supervision responsibilities. The patient who is actively suicidal needs inpatient hospitalization. The patient in need of psychoeducation can be referred to home care. The patient who reports regularly for blood tests and clinical follow-up can continue on the same plan.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Investigating the possibility of once-daily dosing of the antidepressant has the highest potential for helping the patient achieve compliance. Many antidepressants can be administered by once-daily dosing, a plan that increases compliance. Explaining how taking each dose of medication on time relates to health maintenance is reasonable but would not achieve the goal; it does not address the issue of stigma. The self-conscious patient would not be comfortable doing this. A better etiologic statement would be related to social stigma. The question asks for an intervention, not analysis.

wenmo

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

upturnedfurball

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

Approximately 15–25% of recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage. However, many miscarriages often occur before a woman even knows she is pregnant.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library