This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse would refer which patient to a partial hospitalization program? A patient who: a. spent ... (Read 18 times)

plus1

The nurse would refer which patient to a partial hospitalization program? A patient who:

a. spent yesterday in a supervised crisis care center and continues to be actively suicidal.
  b. needs psychoeducation for relaxation therapy related to agoraphobia and panic episodes.
  c. has a therapeutic lithium level and reports regularly for blood tests and clinic follow-up.
  d. states, I'm not sure I can avoid using alcohol when my spouse goes to work every morning.

Question 2

One begins to prefer being high to other activities during which stage of addiction?

a. The early stage
  b. The middle stage
  c. The late stage
  d. The chronic stage

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sokh

Answer to Question 1

D
This patient could profit from the structure and supervision provided by spending the day at the partial hospitalization program. During the evening, at night, and on weekends, the spouse could assume responsibility for supervision. A suicidal patient needs inpatient hospitalization. The other patients can be served in the community.

Answer to Question 2

A
These behaviors are typically seen in the early stage of addiction. Tolerance to the substance develops in the middle stage. The late stage is also known as the chronic stage, in which the need for the substance causes loss of control over one's behavior.

plus1

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kusterl

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library