This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse would refer which patient to a partial hospitalization program? A patient who: a. spent ... (Read 19 times)

plus1

The nurse would refer which patient to a partial hospitalization program? A patient who:

a. spent yesterday in a supervised crisis care center and continues to be actively suicidal.
  b. needs psychoeducation for relaxation therapy related to agoraphobia and panic episodes.
  c. has a therapeutic lithium level and reports regularly for blood tests and clinic follow-up.
  d. states, I'm not sure I can avoid using alcohol when my spouse goes to work every morning.

Question 2

One begins to prefer being high to other activities during which stage of addiction?

a. The early stage
  b. The middle stage
  c. The late stage
  d. The chronic stage

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sokh

Answer to Question 1

D
This patient could profit from the structure and supervision provided by spending the day at the partial hospitalization program. During the evening, at night, and on weekends, the spouse could assume responsibility for supervision. A suicidal patient needs inpatient hospitalization. The other patients can be served in the community.

Answer to Question 2

A
These behaviors are typically seen in the early stage of addiction. Tolerance to the substance develops in the middle stage. The late stage is also known as the chronic stage, in which the need for the substance causes loss of control over one's behavior.

plus1

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

TheDev123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library