This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 26-month-old child displays negative behaviors. The parent says, My child refuses toilet training ... (Read 33 times)

Arii_bell

A 26-month-old child displays negative behaviors. The parent says, My child refuses toilet training and shouts, No' when given direction. What do you think is wrong? Select the nurse's best reply.

a. This is normal for your child's age. The child is striving for independence.
  b. The child needs firmer control. Punish the child for disobedience and say, No.'
  c. There may be developmental problems. Most children are toilet trained by age 2 years.
  d. Some undesirable attitudes are developing. A child psychologist can help you develop a remedial plan.

Question 2

A patient in the emergency department reports, I hear voices saying someone is stalking me. They want to kill me because I found the cure for cancer. I will stab anyone that threatens me.

Which aspects of mental health have the greatest immediate concern to a nurse? Select all that apply.

a. Happiness
  b. Appraisal of reality
  c. Control over behavior
  d. Effectiveness in work
  e. Healthy self-concept

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

catron30

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
These negative behaviors are typical of a child around the age of 2 years whose developmental task is to develop autonomy. The remaining options indicate the child's behavior is abnormal.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B, C, E
The aspects of mental health of greatest concern are the patient's appraisal of and control over behavior. The patient's appraisal of reality is inaccurate, and auditory hallucinations are evident, as well as delusions of persecution and grandeur. In addition, the patient's control over behavior is tenuous, as evidenced by the plan to stab anyone who seems threatening. A healthy self-concept is lacking. Data are not present to suggest that the other aspects of mental health (happiness and effectiveness in work) are of immediate concern.

Arii_bell

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

daiying98

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library