This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which documentation of diagnosis would a nurse expect for a person with mental illness? a. I ... (Read 48 times)

javeds

Which documentation of diagnosis would a nurse expect for a person with mental illness?

a. I Rheumatoid arthritis
   II 100
   III Posttraumatic stress disorder
   IV Arrested for shoplifting 2 months earlier
   V None
  b. I Mental retardation
   II Histrionic personality disorder
   III 75
   IV Hypertension
   V Home destroyed by tornado last year
  c. I Schizophrenia, paranoid
   II Death of spouse last year
   III 40
   IV None
   V Alcohol abuse
  d. I Generalized anxiety disorder
   II Avoidant personality disorder
   III Fibromyalgia
   IV Declared bankruptcy 6 months ago
   V 60

Question 2

A nurse explains multiaxial diagnoses to a psychiatric technician. Which information is accurate?

a. It is a template for treatment planning.
  b. Nursing and medical diagnoses are included.
  c. Assessments of several aspects of functioning are included.
  d. It incorporates the framework of a specific biopsychosocial theory.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

stanleka1

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
The option beginning with a diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder places a clinical disorder on Axis I, a personality disorder on Axis II, a medical problem on Axis III, a psychosocial problem on Axis IV, and global assessment of functioning (GAF) on Axis V. The other options misplace and incorrectly order the clinical data.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
The use of five axes requires an assessment beyond the diagnosis of a mental disorder and includes relevant medical conditions, psychosocial and environmental problems, and global assessment of functioning. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (fourth edition, text revision) (DSM-IV-TR) is not a template for treatment planning and does not use a specific biopsychosocial theory. Nursing diagnoses are not included in multiaxial diagnoses.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library