This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While performing an assessment, the nurse says to a patient, While growing up, most of us heard some ... (Read 16 times)

bobthebuilder

While performing an assessment, the nurse says to a patient, While growing up, most of us heard some half-truths about sexual matters that continue to puzzle us as adults. Do any come to your mind now? The purpose of this question is to:

a. identify areas of sexual dysfunction for treatment.
  b. determine possible homosexual urges.
  c. introduce the topic of masturbation.
  d. identify sexual misinformation.

Question 2

A woman tells the nurse, My partner is frustrated with me. I don't have any natural lubrication when we have sex. What type of sexual disorder is evident?

a. Genito-Pelvic Pain/Penetration Disorder
  b. Female Sexual Interest/Arousal Disorder
  c. Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
  d. Female Orgasmic Disorder

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zogaridan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Misinformation about normal sex and sexuality is common. Lack of knowledge may affect an individual's sexual adjustment. Once myths have been identified, the nurse can give information to dispel the myth.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
One feature of female sexual interest/arousal disorder relates to inability to maintain physiologic requirements for intercourse. For women, this includes problems with lubrication and swelling. The patient's description does not meet criteria for diagnoses in the distracters.

bobthebuilder

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ktidd

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library