This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While performing an assessment, the nurse says to a patient, While growing up, most of us heard some ... (Read 15 times)

bobthebuilder

While performing an assessment, the nurse says to a patient, While growing up, most of us heard some half-truths about sexual matters that continue to puzzle us as adults. Do any come to your mind now? The purpose of this question is to:

a. identify areas of sexual dysfunction for treatment.
  b. determine possible homosexual urges.
  c. introduce the topic of masturbation.
  d. identify sexual misinformation.

Question 2

A woman tells the nurse, My partner is frustrated with me. I don't have any natural lubrication when we have sex. What type of sexual disorder is evident?

a. Genito-Pelvic Pain/Penetration Disorder
  b. Female Sexual Interest/Arousal Disorder
  c. Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
  d. Female Orgasmic Disorder

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zogaridan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Misinformation about normal sex and sexuality is common. Lack of knowledge may affect an individual's sexual adjustment. Once myths have been identified, the nurse can give information to dispel the myth.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
One feature of female sexual interest/arousal disorder relates to inability to maintain physiologic requirements for intercourse. For women, this includes problems with lubrication and swelling. The patient's description does not meet criteria for diagnoses in the distracters.

bobthebuilder

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

anyusername12131

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library