This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In which situations would a nurse have the duty to intervene and report? Select all that apply. ... (Read 46 times)

jwb375

In which situations would a nurse have the duty to intervene and report? Select all that apply.

a. A peer has difficulty writing measurable outcomes.
  b. A health care provider gives a telephone order for medication.
  c. A peer tries to provide patient care in an alcohol-impaired state.
  d. A team member violates relationship boundaries with a patient.
  e. A patient refuses medication prescribed by a licensed health care provider.

Question 2

Which documentation of a patient's behavior best demonstrates a nurse's observations?

a. Isolates self from others. Frequently fell asleep during group. Vital signs stable.
  b. Calmer; more cooperative. Participated actively in group. No evidence of psychotic thinking.
  c. Appeared to hallucinate. Frequently increased volume on television, causing conflict with others.
  d. Wore four layers of clothing. States, I need protection from evil bacteria trying to pierce my skin.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

yasmin

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C, D
Both keyed answers are events that jeopardize patient safety. The distracters describe situations that may be resolved with education or that are acceptable practices.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The documentation states specific observations of the patient's appearance and the exact statements made. The other options are vague or subjective statements and can be interpreted in different ways.

jwb375

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

pratush dev

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library