This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following techniques may be used as a part of behavioral therapy in mentally ill ... (Read 15 times)

abern

Which of the following techniques may be used as a part of behavioral therapy in mentally ill clients? (Select all that apply.)

A) Assertiveness training
  B) Desensitization
  C) Pharmacotherapy
  D) Self-management training
  E) Role-playing

Question 2

Which of the following clients' statements is most suggestive of the use of unconscious resistance as a defense?

A) I think it comes down to the fact that other people are continually letting me down.
  B) Sorry I'm late again. They keep changing the bus schedule on me
  C) Just so you know, I've gone through this all before.
  D) Do you think I should be trying to put myself in more social situations?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

matt95

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A, B, D, E
Behavior therapy encompasses assertiveness training, desensitization, role-playing, and self-management training. Pharmacotherapy would not be included as part of behavior therapy in itself.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
Resistance is the conscious or unconscious psychological defense against bringing repressed thoughts into conscious awareness during psychotherapy. Examples of resistance include remaining silent for a long period of time, being late for a therapy session, or missing appointments. Expressed skepticism about the counseling process is a more conscious manifestation of resistance.

abern

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library