This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During an interview, which client statement indicates to a nurse that a potential diagnosis of ... (Read 14 times)

rmenurse

During an interview, which client statement indicates to a nurse that a potential diagnosis of schizotypal personality disorder should be considered?

A. I really don't have a problem. My family is inflexible, and every relative is out to get me.
  B. I am so excited about working with you. Have you noticed my new nail polish, Ruby Red Roses'?
  C. I spend all my time tending my bees. I know a whole lot of information about bees.
  D. I am getting a message from the beyond that we have been involved with each other in a previous life.

Question 2

Which adult client should a nurse identify as exhibiting the characteristics of a dependent personality disorder?

A. A physically healthy client who is dependent on meeting social needs by contact with 15 cats
  B. A physically healthy client who has a history of depending on intense relationships to meet basic needs
  C. A physically healthy client who lives with parents and relies on public transportation
  D. A physically healthy client who is serious, inflexible, perfectionistic, and depends on rules to provide security

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Sassygurl126

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
The nurse should assess that a client who states that he or she is getting a message from the beyond indicates a potential diagnosis of schizotypal personality disorder. Individuals with schizotypal personality disorder are aloof and isolated and behave in a bland and apathetic manner. The individual experiences magical thinking, ideas of reference, illusions, and depersonalization as part of daily life.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
A physically healthy adult client who lives with parents and relies on public transportation exhibits signs of dependent personality disorder. Dependent personality disorder is characterized by a pervasive and excessive need to be taken care of that leads to submissive and clinging behavior.

rmenurse

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

juliaf

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library