This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After a teenager reveals that he is gay, the father responds by beating him. The next morning, the ... (Read 18 times)

washai

After a teenager reveals that he is gay, the father responds by beating him. The next morning, the teenager is found hanging in his closet. Which paternal grief responses should a nurse anticipate? Select all that apply.

A. I can't believe this is happening.
  B. If only I had been more understanding.
  C. How dare he do this to me
  D. I'm just going to have to accept that he was gay.
  E. Well, that was a selfish thing to do.

Question 2

A client has been brought to the emergency department for signs and symptoms of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). The client has a history of a suicide attempt 1 year ago. Which nursing intervention would take priority in this situation?

A. Assessing the client's pulse oximetry and vital signs
  B. Developing a plan for safety for the client
  C. Assessing the client for suicidal ideations
  D. Establishing a trusting nurseclient relationship

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Briannahope

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, B, C
Suicide of a family member can induce a whole gamut of feelings in the survivors. Shock, disbelief, guilt, remorse, anger, and resentment are all feelings that may be experienced by this father. The last two possible responses suggest acceptance and understanding. It is far more common for survivors of suicide to have a sense of feeling wounded and as if they will never get over it.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
It is important to prioritize client interventions that assess the symptoms of COPD prior to any other nursing intervention. Physical needs must be prioritized according to Maslow's hierarchy of needs. This client's problems with oxygenation will take priority over assessing for current suicidal ideations.

washai

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

aliotak

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library