This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient says to the nurse, My family was mean to me when they visited today. They have no right to ... (Read 13 times)

haleyc112

A patient says to the nurse, My family was mean to me when they visited today. They have no right to treat me like that. Select the nurse's best initial response.

a. Why do you think they were mean?
  b. Perhaps you overreacted to what they said.
  c. How do you feel about your family treating you that way?
  d. Describe what happened when your family visited you today.

Question 2

The parent of a teen diagnosed with schizophrenia asks, Why does schizophrenia usually appear in adolescence? The nurse's reply would be based on which premise?

a. Stimulation of neurotransmitters is unstable.
  b. Neuronal system complexity stabilizes.
  c. Dendrite branching becomes complete in adolescence.
  d. Amino acid production increases.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aliotak

Answer to Question 1

D
Before proceeding, the nurse needs to have a better understanding of what happened in the interaction between the patient and family. The correct option seeks that clarification, whereas none of the other options takes that approach.

Answer to Question 2

C
Arborization, or branching of dendrites, is a process that continues into adolescence. Some authorities have suggested that this might account for the appearance of schizophrenia at this period in life. The other options are of no relevance.

haleyc112

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

frankwu0507

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library