This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient says to the nurse, My family was mean to me when they visited today. They have no right to ... (Read 14 times)

haleyc112

A patient says to the nurse, My family was mean to me when they visited today. They have no right to treat me like that. Select the nurse's best initial response.

a. Why do you think they were mean?
  b. Perhaps you overreacted to what they said.
  c. How do you feel about your family treating you that way?
  d. Describe what happened when your family visited you today.

Question 2

The parent of a teen diagnosed with schizophrenia asks, Why does schizophrenia usually appear in adolescence? The nurse's reply would be based on which premise?

a. Stimulation of neurotransmitters is unstable.
  b. Neuronal system complexity stabilizes.
  c. Dendrite branching becomes complete in adolescence.
  d. Amino acid production increases.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aliotak

Answer to Question 1

D
Before proceeding, the nurse needs to have a better understanding of what happened in the interaction between the patient and family. The correct option seeks that clarification, whereas none of the other options takes that approach.

Answer to Question 2

C
Arborization, or branching of dendrites, is a process that continues into adolescence. Some authorities have suggested that this might account for the appearance of schizophrenia at this period in life. The other options are of no relevance.

haleyc112

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library