This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient of the Hispanic culture who tells the nurse, The reason I'm ... (Read 47 times)

lb_gilbert

The nurse is caring for a patient of the Hispanic culture who tells the nurse, The reason I'm hearing voices in my head is because my neighbor gave me the evil eye and cursed me. When planning appropriate nursing interventions for the patient,

what is the nurse's best understanding of the patient's statement?
  1. The patient is describing a cultural myth.
  2. The patient is describing a culture-bound syndrome.
  3. The patient is experiencing delusions.
  4. The patient's culture uses folklore elements to explain medical conditions.

Question 2

A nurse is making a presentation at her facility in order to promote the Tidal Model of care. What does the nurse describe as some of the commitments made between patients and providers in this model? Select all that apply.

1. Provide transparency.
  2. Become the apprentice.
  3. Develop genuine curiosity.
  4. Teach appropriate language.
  5. Determine the next steps in recovery.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tabitha_2016

Answer to Question 1

Sent you a PM please check your forum inbox. Thank you

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 1, 2, 3, 5
Explanation: The Tidal Model represents an interdisciplinary approach to patient care and is informed by the work of Harry Stack Sullivan and Hildegard Peplau. Various commitments are emphasized in this approach, including: providing transparency, becoming the apprentice, developing genuine curiosity, and determining the next steps in recovery. Teaching appropriate language is not a commitment according to this approach.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library