This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What should be your response to the wife who says, I should get out of this bad situation with his ... (Read 10 times)

Frost2351

What should be your response to the wife who says, I should get out of this bad situation with his drinking?

A.
  That happened to me. It's best to get out while you can.
  B.
  Tell me more about the bad situation.
  C.
  Why don't you talk to your husband about his drinking?
  D.
  You'll do what's right.

Question 2

Your patient in the ER waiting room is inebriated. He becomes increasingly loud and abusive while waiting to be seen. What would be the best intervention for the nurse?

A.
  Tell him he has to wait his turn, as others were here first.
  B.
  Inform him he will be asked to leave if this behavior continues.
  C.
  Offer to take him to an exam room to wait for the doctor.
  D.
  Do nothing, as he is still in the waiting room.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

AmberC1996

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Supporting problem solving and helping her express herself is most important. Response A is advice giving, which is not appropriate. You don't have enough information to know if response C or D is correct.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
This response supports a safe environment for this patient, the other patients, visitors, and staff. Ignoring him will escalate the situation. Because his judgment is impaired, trying to reason with him will be unsuccessful.

Frost2351

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

jamesnevil303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library