This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What should be your response to the wife who says, I should get out of this bad situation with his ... (Read 11 times)

Frost2351

What should be your response to the wife who says, I should get out of this bad situation with his drinking?

A.
  That happened to me. It's best to get out while you can.
  B.
  Tell me more about the bad situation.
  C.
  Why don't you talk to your husband about his drinking?
  D.
  You'll do what's right.

Question 2

Your patient in the ER waiting room is inebriated. He becomes increasingly loud and abusive while waiting to be seen. What would be the best intervention for the nurse?

A.
  Tell him he has to wait his turn, as others were here first.
  B.
  Inform him he will be asked to leave if this behavior continues.
  C.
  Offer to take him to an exam room to wait for the doctor.
  D.
  Do nothing, as he is still in the waiting room.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

AmberC1996

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Supporting problem solving and helping her express herself is most important. Response A is advice giving, which is not appropriate. You don't have enough information to know if response C or D is correct.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
This response supports a safe environment for this patient, the other patients, visitors, and staff. Ignoring him will escalate the situation. Because his judgment is impaired, trying to reason with him will be unsuccessful.

Frost2351

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

raili21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library