This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A mental health nurse bumps into a member of her church, who begins questioning her about a former ... (Read 350 times)

melly21297

A mental health nurse bumps into a member of her church, who begins questioning her about a former neighbor. The woman from the church asks the nurse, How is Rachael?

We have been friends for over 20 years and I have seen her come out of your clinic a few times. Is she seeing one of the psychiatrists? The nurse's response is:
  A.
  The HIPAA law prevents me from disclosing any information about any patient.
  B.
  All I can say is she is seeing Dr. Leone.
  C.
  Rachael is seeing Dr. Leone because she is concerned about feeling extremely happy sometimes and about feeling extremely depressed other times.
  D.
  Rachael was only there to renew her medication.

Question 2

A patient is expressing anger when the nurse attempts to make him take a medication that he is refusing. If the nurse pushes to give the medication against his will, the nurse is:

A.
  Violating the patient's rights.
  B.
  Achieving a treatment goal to get the medication in the patient any way possible.
  C.
  Supporting the family's demand that he take the medication.
  D.
  Following orders from the charge nurse.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vboyd24

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) states what can be disclosed about a patient and emphasizes patient privacy.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
The Patient Bill of Rights provides the patient's right to refuse medications and treatments. The nurse has a responsibility to advocate for the patients and assure them of their rights. In addition, patients have the right to be educated about medications and treatment, which allows them to make an informed decision.

melly21297

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ebonylittles

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library