This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has provided information to a patient about oral contraceptives. Which statement by the ... (Read 27 times)

Tirant22

The nurse has provided information to a patient about oral contraceptives. Which statement by the patient would indicate a need for further education?

A) Some oral contraceptives protect against STDs.
  B) Hormonal oral contraceptives reduce the risk of ovarian cancer.
  C) Oral contraceptives need to be taken on a daily basis.
  D) Some hormonal contraceptives do not contain estrogen and rely instead on a progestin only.

Question 2

The nurse is providing education about barrier contraceptives. Which statement by the patient indicates a need for further education?

A) I have to wash my cervical caps after each use.
  B) I can leave my diaphragm in for up to 48 hours.
  C) I can insert my female condoms up to 8 hours before intercourse.
  D) Male latex condoms when used correctly are an effective means of contraceptive and very effective at preventing transmission of STDs.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Animal_Goddess

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B

Tirant22

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

LVPMS

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library