This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is teaching a patient about the possible adverse effects of oral contraceptives. The nurse ... (Read 32 times)

maychende

A nurse is teaching a patient about the possible adverse effects of oral contraceptives. The nurse evaluates that the patient understands this teaching if which statement is made?

1. I may experience increased acne while on oral contraceptives.
  2. If I experience chest pain, I will call the clinic immediately.
  3. If I begin to lose more hair than is normal, my dose may need to be adjusted.
  4. Any blurry vision or loss of vision should be reported immediately.
  5. If I notice swelling in my feet, hands, or face, I will notify the clinic.

Question 2

The nurse administers an IM dose of risperidone (Risperdal) to a client. How long until the nurse will need to administer another dose?

1. 1 day
  2. 3 weeks
  3. 46 weeks
  4. 12 weeks

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cuttiesgirl16

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Oral contraceptive use may result in an increase in acne.
Rationale 2: Chest pain is a serious symptom and should be reported.
Rationale 3: Hirsutism, not hair loss, may occur as an adverse effect of oral contraceptive use.
Rationale 4: Blurry vision can be associated with glucose elevation, hypertension, or other adverse effects of oral contraceptive use.
Rationale 5: Edema is a common effect of oral contraceptive use.
Global Rationale: Oral contraceptive use may result in an increase in acne. Chest pain is a serious symptom and should be reported. Blurry vision can be associated with glucose elevation, hypertension, or other adverse effects of oral contraceptive use. Edema is a common effect of oral contraceptive use. Hirsutism, not hair loss, may occur as an adverse effect of oral contraceptive use.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Risperdal has a small amount of drug released in 1 day and the rest after 3 weeks, and lasts 46 weeks.
Rationale 2: Risperdal has a small amount of drug released in 1 day and the rest after 3 weeks, and lasts 46 weeks.
Rationale 3: Risperdal has a small amount of drug released in 1 day and the rest after 3 weeks, and lasts 46 weeks.
Rationale 4: This is the amount of time for the onset of oral Risperdal.

Global Rationale: Risperdal has a small amount of drug released in 1 day and the rest after 3 weeks, and lasts 46 weeks. All the other answer choices are incorrect.

maychende

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

cassie_ragen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library