This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with cancerous tumors in the laryngeal area will need to be placed on longer-term ... (Read 34 times)

Garrulous

A patient with cancerous tumors in the laryngeal area will need to be placed on longer-term ventilator support. The nurse identifies that this patient will require a(n)

1. Endotracheal tube.
  2. Chest tube.
  3. Oropharyngeal airway.
  4. Tracheostomy.

Question 2

An instructor explains that safety precautions must be followed anytime oxygen is in use. A student shows a need for additional instruction by saying:

1. I should eliminate the possibility of static electricity, which could spark a fire.
  2. I should avoid using petroleum-based products such as petroleum jelly on the lips of patients using supplemental oxygen.
  3. I should provide a higher liter flow of oxygen for patients with chronic lung disease.
  4. I should check the electrical devices, such as electric razors, in the room to ensure that there are no frayed wires.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

upturnedfurball

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3

Garrulous

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Dnite

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library