This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client who was in the hospital with influenza is being seen in the physician's office for ... (Read 13 times)

sabina

A client who was in the hospital with influenza is being seen in the physician's office for follow-up care. The nurse concludes that desired outcomes have been met when the client tells the nurse which of the following?

1. I slept the whole night without coughing..
   2. I was able to take a walk today..
   3. I went back to work..
   4. I'm eating healthy foods now..

Question 2

The nursing student is teaching a parent in the pediatric clinic about the immunizations the 6-year-old client has received. The student concludes that the parent understood the teaching when the parent states:

1. My child has passive immunity to polio now..
   2. I breastfed my child to avoid the need for immunizations..
   3. The flu shot will need to be given again next year..
   4. The immune serum given to my child will provide protection for 3 years..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

1. I slept the whole night without coughing..

Rationale:
Clients with influenza are at risk for disturbed sleep patterns due to coughing, and that can delay improvement. The client who is sleeping at night has recovered and is getting appropriate sleep time. Outcomes for those with the flu do not usually include walking, going to work, or eating a healthy diet. These would be included in a wellness plan of care.

Answer to Question 2

3. The flu shot will need to be given again next year..

Rationale:
The flu shot is given once a year because the immunization is effective only for the current strain. Polio vaccine is artificially acquired active immunity. Breastfeeding provides the child with passive immunity for the first six months to a year. An immune serum provides short-term protection lasting a few months.

sabina

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

bblaney

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library