This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client who was in the hospital with influenza is being seen in the physician's office for ... (Read 14 times)

sabina

A client who was in the hospital with influenza is being seen in the physician's office for follow-up care. The nurse concludes that desired outcomes have been met when the client tells the nurse which of the following?

1. I slept the whole night without coughing..
   2. I was able to take a walk today..
   3. I went back to work..
   4. I'm eating healthy foods now..

Question 2

The nursing student is teaching a parent in the pediatric clinic about the immunizations the 6-year-old client has received. The student concludes that the parent understood the teaching when the parent states:

1. My child has passive immunity to polio now..
   2. I breastfed my child to avoid the need for immunizations..
   3. The flu shot will need to be given again next year..
   4. The immune serum given to my child will provide protection for 3 years..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

1. I slept the whole night without coughing..

Rationale:
Clients with influenza are at risk for disturbed sleep patterns due to coughing, and that can delay improvement. The client who is sleeping at night has recovered and is getting appropriate sleep time. Outcomes for those with the flu do not usually include walking, going to work, or eating a healthy diet. These would be included in a wellness plan of care.

Answer to Question 2

3. The flu shot will need to be given again next year..

Rationale:
The flu shot is given once a year because the immunization is effective only for the current strain. Polio vaccine is artificially acquired active immunity. Breastfeeding provides the child with passive immunity for the first six months to a year. An immune serum provides short-term protection lasting a few months.

sabina

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

softEldritch

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library