This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse instructing a client about glaucoma determines that learning has occurred when the client ... (Read 19 times)

Zulu123

The nurse instructing a client about glaucoma determines that learning has occurred when the client makes which statement?

1. I must use my eye drops as prescribed for the rest of my life..
   2. I can stop the eye drops when the glaucoma has resolved..
   3. The eye drops only need to be used when my eyes hurt..
   4. I will need to continually increase the dose of my eye drops..

Question 2

There are interview strategies that the nurse can use to question clients about drug use in a matter-of-fact manner. Which one of the following is the recommended order for questioning clients about their drug use? The nurse proceeds by asking clients:

1. first about prescription medications, then about over-the-counter medications, and finally about use of alcohol and illicit substances.
  2. first about over-the-counter medications, then about prescription medications, and finally about use of alcohol and illicit substances.
  3. first about alcohol and illicit substances, then about prescription medications, and finally about use of over-the-counter medications.
  4. When was your last drink? If the nurse suspects drug use, ask, When did you last use cocaine (or another drug)? or Do you mix drugs? The nurse would then ask about prescription drugs and finally about over-the-counter medications.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Chelseyj.hasty

Answer to Question 1

1. I must use my eye drops as prescribed for the rest of my life..

Rationale:
Glaucoma can be controlled but not cured; the client must use eye drops for the rest of his life. Glaucoma can be controlled, but it will not resolve, so the client cannot stop using the eye drops. Eye drops must be used continuously; most clients with glaucoma do not experience eye pain. Increasing the dosage of eye drops is only necessary if the ocular pressure is not controlled; this must be determined by the physician, not the client.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2

Zulu123

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library