This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client asks why the nurse is using the computer during the client's care. The nurse concludes that ... (Read 21 times)

Ebrown

A client asks why the nurse is using the computer during the client's care. The nurse concludes that the client understands the explanation when the client states:

1. Nurses do not need to spend a great deal of time documenting care..
   2. My information is published for anyone to view..
   3. Computers improve my care because information is readily available..
   4. Computers allow me to read my chart..

Question 2

During a previous family assessment, the nurse realized that the mother did most of the talking and was quick to make decisions, which appeared to be acceptable to the father. When one of their children is hospitalized, the nurse will:

1. Make sure that both parents are involved in all decision making.
   2. Allow the mother to make the decisions.
   3. Include both parents in the decision making, but not be surprised if the mother retains control.
   4. Make sure that the physician understands the family dynamics so parental consent comes from the mother.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fur

Answer to Question 1

3. Computers improve my care because information is readily available..

Rationale:
Nursing informatics is the science of using computers in nursing practice to improve client care by making client information easily accessible. Documenting client information by computer does not necessarily reduce charting time, depending on the system used. The client's information is protected by privacy laws. The client may read the chart whether written or computerized in the presence of a physician.

Answer to Question 2

3. Include both parents in the decision making, but not be surprised if the mother retains control.

Rationale:
The nurse uses information gained from the assessment to help diagnose, plan, and implement care. Understanding that the mother assumes the authority role in this particular family, the nurse may find it easier to address things with both present but not be surprised if this pattern continues during the child's hospitalization. However, the nurse should not assume that in a crisis situation or during stress that family processes will be the same and will want to make sure that the father is present during the process. Describing the family dynamics to the physician is not required.

Ebrown

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

AISCAMPING

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library