This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has completed medication education with the client who is receiving nitroglycerine as ... (Read 30 times)

jeatrice

The nurse has completed medication education with the client who is receiving nitroglycerine as therapy for angina. The nurse determines that teaching is effective when the client makes which statement?

1. I can take 3 tablets, one every 10 minutes, but not more than 3 tablets in 30 minutes..
   2. I can take 1 tablet under the tongue every 5 minutes, but not more than 3 tablets in 15 minutes..
   3. I can keep taking tablets until the pain is gone, but I should not use more than 5 tablets..
   4. I should call my doctor if my pain is not gone after 15 minutes of taking these tablets..

Question 2

The family of a child with mental retardation who has been diagnosed with failure to thrive is expressing difficulty with managing the care needs of the child. The appropriate nursing diagnosis for this situation is which of the following?

1. Hopelessness related to terminal condition of the child
   2. Compromised Family Coping related to the child's developmental variations
   3. Dysfunctional Family Processes related to a child with mental retardation
   4. Impaired Parenting related to poor parenting skills

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Melissahxx

Answer to Question 1

2. I can take 1 tablet every 5 minutes, but not more than 3 tablets in 15 minutes..

Rationale:
Clients must be instructed to take one nitroglycerine tablet sublingual every 5 minutes until pain is relieved, or up to 3 doses. Nitroglycerine tablets should be taken every 5 minutes, not every 10 minutes. Clients should follow the timeframe of taking a nitroglycerine tablet every 5 minutes and not exceed 3 tablets. Calling the physician is appropriate, but the client must still know the protocol for taking nitroglycerine tablets.

Answer to Question 2

2. Compromised Family Coping related to the child's developmental variations

Rationale:
The family's ability to cope is compromised by the child's developmental variations, but the family is not dysfunctional. Hopelessness and impaired parenting are not appropriate in the given situation.

jeatrice

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

tranoy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library