This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which patient has the least serious cognitive impairment? The patient who a. does not know what ... (Read 12 times)

nenivikky

Which patient has the least serious cognitive impairment? The patient who

a. does not know what year it is c. does not know who he is
  b. does not know where he is d. does not know who his wife is

Question 2

A client who has experienced domestic violence in the past has decided to stop participating in counseling. Which of the following statements would indicate that the client has benefited from therapy?

1. Everyone knows what my problems are, and there is nothing I can do about it..
   2. It is so draining to deal with the same painful issues all of the time..
   3. I am functioning fine now but know that when problems come up again, I will ask for help..
   4. My friends tell me that I have improved so this is a good time to stop..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zacnyjessica

Answer to Question 1

A
When awareness is impaired, orientation to time is frequently the first area affected. The degree of disorientation is worse when the individual loses awareness of place and self (person). Changes in a patient's orientation to time, place, and person are often early indicators of an altered level of consciousness.

Answer to Question 2

3. I am functioning fine now but know that when problems come up again, I will ask for help..

Rationale:
The client acknowledging that future problems will come up indicates that the client has gained insight into problems. The client's willingness to ask for help shows that the client is prepared to continue with counseling when new problems arise. Stating that the process is draining and painful suggests that little progress has been made and that the client is looking to avoid the pain. Stating that there is nothing than can be done is fatalistic. Basing termination of treatment on the statements of others places emphasis on others and not on self-evaluation.

nenivikky

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

marict

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library