This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which patient has the least serious cognitive impairment? The patient who a. does not know what ... (Read 15 times)

nenivikky

Which patient has the least serious cognitive impairment? The patient who

a. does not know what year it is c. does not know who he is
  b. does not know where he is d. does not know who his wife is

Question 2

A client who has experienced domestic violence in the past has decided to stop participating in counseling. Which of the following statements would indicate that the client has benefited from therapy?

1. Everyone knows what my problems are, and there is nothing I can do about it..
   2. It is so draining to deal with the same painful issues all of the time..
   3. I am functioning fine now but know that when problems come up again, I will ask for help..
   4. My friends tell me that I have improved so this is a good time to stop..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zacnyjessica

Answer to Question 1

A
When awareness is impaired, orientation to time is frequently the first area affected. The degree of disorientation is worse when the individual loses awareness of place and self (person). Changes in a patient's orientation to time, place, and person are often early indicators of an altered level of consciousness.

Answer to Question 2

3. I am functioning fine now but know that when problems come up again, I will ask for help..

Rationale:
The client acknowledging that future problems will come up indicates that the client has gained insight into problems. The client's willingness to ask for help shows that the client is prepared to continue with counseling when new problems arise. Stating that the process is draining and painful suggests that little progress has been made and that the client is looking to avoid the pain. Stating that there is nothing than can be done is fatalistic. Basing termination of treatment on the statements of others places emphasis on others and not on self-evaluation.

nenivikky

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library