This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While working in the emergency department, the nurse plans care for the client admitted with a burn ... (Read 32 times)

melly21297

While working in the emergency department, the nurse plans care for the client admitted with a burn injury. Which of the following areas will be included in the plan of care?

1. Fluid management
   2. Nutrition
   3. Psychosocial support
   4. Fluid resuscitation

Question 2

The nurse is planning care for a client with osteoporosis and determines that imbalanced nutrition is a priority nursing diagnosis for this client based on which of the following statements made by the client?

1. I do not eat many dairy products..
   2. I frequently take long walks in the sun..
   3. I have removed all scatter rugs from my home..
   4. My pain is relieved by Tylenol..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

miss.ashley

Answer to Question 1

4. Fluid resuscitation

Rationale:
The nurse caring for the client during the emergent stage of burn injuries will be expected to administer intravenous fluids to meet the body's needs. Fluid management will take place in the burn unit or intensive care unit. Nutrition management will begin in the burn unit and continue throughout the client's care. Psychosocial support will be needed once the client has stabilized.

Answer to Question 2

1. I do not eat many dairy products..

Rationale:
The client states that she does not take in much calcium, so focusing on diet would be a priority for this client. The statements about taking long walks, removing scatter rugs, and taking acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain would not elicit the nursing diagnosis imbalanced nutrition.

melly21297

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

T4T

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library