This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While working in the emergency department, the nurse plans care for the client admitted with a burn ... (Read 41 times)

melly21297

While working in the emergency department, the nurse plans care for the client admitted with a burn injury. Which of the following areas will be included in the plan of care?

1. Fluid management
   2. Nutrition
   3. Psychosocial support
   4. Fluid resuscitation

Question 2

The nurse is planning care for a client with osteoporosis and determines that imbalanced nutrition is a priority nursing diagnosis for this client based on which of the following statements made by the client?

1. I do not eat many dairy products..
   2. I frequently take long walks in the sun..
   3. I have removed all scatter rugs from my home..
   4. My pain is relieved by Tylenol..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

miss.ashley

Answer to Question 1

4. Fluid resuscitation

Rationale:
The nurse caring for the client during the emergent stage of burn injuries will be expected to administer intravenous fluids to meet the body's needs. Fluid management will take place in the burn unit or intensive care unit. Nutrition management will begin in the burn unit and continue throughout the client's care. Psychosocial support will be needed once the client has stabilized.

Answer to Question 2

1. I do not eat many dairy products..

Rationale:
The client states that she does not take in much calcium, so focusing on diet would be a priority for this client. The statements about taking long walks, removing scatter rugs, and taking acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain would not elicit the nursing diagnosis imbalanced nutrition.

melly21297

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

at

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library