This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client receives H2-receptor antagonists for treatment of peptic ulcer disease (PUD). Based on ... (Read 34 times)

Garrulous

The client receives H2-receptor antagonists for treatment of peptic ulcer disease (PUD). Based on the nursing diagnosis risk for bleeding, which assessment finding would the nurse plan to report immediately to the physician?

1. The client reports pain after 24 hours of treatment.
   2. The client reports episodes of melana.
   3. The client reports he took Tums with his H2-receptor antagonist.
   4. The client reports he is constipated.

Question 2

A client has been admitted with severe pneumonia and has asked the nurse for help and information regarding nicotine addiction and ways to quit smoking.

The nurse will evaluate the treatment and determine that a goal has been met when the client states: 1. I will taper off smoking gradually..
   2. I will keep a pack of cigarettes in my closet in case I need it..
   3. I will take a walk when I get the urge to smoke..
   4. I will eat a snack when I am feeling nervous..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

carojassy25

Answer to Question 1

2. The client reports episodes of melana.

Rationale:
Melana could indicate GI bleeding and should be reported to the physician immediately. The client may still experience pain for several days with this type of medication. Taking Tums with an H2-receptor antagonist will cause deceased absorption of the H2-receptor antagonist, but this does not need to be reported to the physician; the nurse should educate the client. Constipation is a common side effect that does not need to be immediately reported to the physician.

Answer to Question 2

3. I will take a walk when I get the urge to smoke..

Rationale:
The client has expressed the intention to use a healthy coping mechanismtaking a walk--when the urge to smoke arises. This conforms with one goal for clients who are attempting to deal with addiction: stating adaptive coping mechanisms to use when stressed. Tapering off smoking and keeping cigarettes close by are examples of the client who is not wholly committed. Eating when stressed may lead the client to substitute eating for smoking, which is a form of denial.

Garrulous

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library