Author Question: Hot or warm water baths are used to a. reduce muscle spasms c. sooth skin irritations b. prevent ... (Read 29 times)

mpobi80

Hot or warm water baths are used to

a. reduce muscle spasms c. sooth skin irritations
  b. prevent swelling d. remove dead tissue

Question 2

The nurse is discussing the risk of poisoning with the mother of two toddlers and a preschool-age child. Which statement made by the mother indicates a need for more teaching by the nurse?

a. I keep all medicines and chemicals in a locked cabinet.
  b. The children take their medicine well when I tell them it is candy.
  c. I have syrup of ipecac just in case anything does happen.
  d. I always get child-resistant containers.

Amiracle

Answer to Question 1

A
Hot or warm water baths are used to reduce muscle spasms, soreness, and tension. A soak is used to prevent swelling, sooth skin irritations, and remove dead tissue.

Answer to Question 2

B
One safety measure to prevent accidental poisonings is to never call medicine candy. Medications should be kept in a locked cabinet. All medications should be kept in child-resistant containers.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library