This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is speaking with a client who was planning a change in a health-related behavior at the ... (Read 36 times)

fasfsadfdsfa

The nurse is speaking with a client who was planning a change in a health-related behavior at the time of the last health visit. Which of the following client statements during the current visit suggests that a change in behavior occurred?

1. I read that exercising for 20 to 30 minutes each day increases weight loss.
  2. I'm going to cut down on the number of cigarettes I smoke because I read that smoking causes several diseases.
  3. I have smoked only 10 cigarettes this week.
  4. I am planning to walk an hour each day after work.

Question 2

The nurse utilized evidence-based practice to plan the care for a patient. One feature of this approach would be:

a. It is purely nursing-focused.
  b. Clinical practice is based upon nursing theory.
  c. Evaluation is based on patient outcomes.
  d. Individual and organizational factors guide the integration of these new practices.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tonny

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3

Answer to Question 2

D
The features of evidence-based practice include: it is interdisciplinary; the development of clinical practice is based on the evidence synthesis of the topic; clinical practice guidelines are important in repackaging the evidence for use by the point-of-care clinician; individual provider as well as organizational factors guide the integration and rate of evidence-based practice adoption of new practices; and evaluation includes determining the effectiveness and efficiency of patient outcomes and economy of the services.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library