This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 4-year-old child is brought to the emergency department by his mother. He has a large bruise on ... (Read 40 times)

melina_rosy

A 4-year-old child is brought to the emergency department by his mother. He has a large bruise on his left chest and multiple contusions on his face. His mother tells you her boyfriend intentionally pushed the child down the stairs in anger.

The child appears to be in a great deal of pain. Which of the following four correct items should the nurse do first?
  a. Notify the nursing supervisor of the suspected physical abuse.
  b. Complete a physical assessment of the child.
  c. Obtain an order for pain medication.
  d. Notify Child Protective Services of the suspected abuse.

Question 2

You are caring for an alert, oriented 47-year-old patient who is recovering from abdominal surgery. The patient becomes angry and upset and says,

I'm leaving this hospital. Remove my IV and surgical drains or I will do it myself. To keep him from removing his lines and leaving the hospital, you apply bilateral wrist restraints until you can contact the physician for an order for patient restraint. This is an example of which of the following?
  a. Assault and battery
  b. Felony
  c. False imprisonment
  d. Quasi-intentional tort

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ErinKing

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

melina_rosy

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

peter

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library