This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 4-year-old child is brought to the emergency department by his mother. He has a large bruise on ... (Read 42 times)

melina_rosy

A 4-year-old child is brought to the emergency department by his mother. He has a large bruise on his left chest and multiple contusions on his face. His mother tells you her boyfriend intentionally pushed the child down the stairs in anger.

The child appears to be in a great deal of pain. Which of the following four correct items should the nurse do first?
  a. Notify the nursing supervisor of the suspected physical abuse.
  b. Complete a physical assessment of the child.
  c. Obtain an order for pain medication.
  d. Notify Child Protective Services of the suspected abuse.

Question 2

You are caring for an alert, oriented 47-year-old patient who is recovering from abdominal surgery. The patient becomes angry and upset and says,

I'm leaving this hospital. Remove my IV and surgical drains or I will do it myself. To keep him from removing his lines and leaving the hospital, you apply bilateral wrist restraints until you can contact the physician for an order for patient restraint. This is an example of which of the following?
  a. Assault and battery
  b. Felony
  c. False imprisonment
  d. Quasi-intentional tort

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ErinKing

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

melina_rosy

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

meganmoser117

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library