Author Question: The nurse is visiting a client who resides in a single-room occupancy hotel. Groups of people are ... (Read 53 times)

leo leo

The nurse is visiting a client who resides in a single-room occupancy hotel. Groups of people are leaning against the building and smoking on the steps. There is obvious substance abuse occurring in the lobby and halls of the building.

There is no running water in the room, and the bathroom down the hall is in disrepair and filthy. A primary concern that the nurse must consider when making this visit is safety. Which of the following actions are appropriate safety measures? Select all that apply.
  a. Notify the police that the nurse plans to visit this site.
  b. Carry something that can be used as a weapon if necessary.
  c. Inform the home health agency of the nurse's route and time of visit.
  d. Do not visit if the nurse senses danger when he arrives at the site.

Question 2

A patient who is being discharged asks the nurse, Can I take you out for dinner to show my appreciation for all that you have done for me? I really like you. The nurse's best response is which of the following?

a. Yes, that would be nice. It is really great to be appreciated.
  b. No, and please do not ask again. You should have been told that already.
  c. Thank you; however, I have to refuse, even though the thought is appreciated.
  d. We will have to wait 3 days after you have been discharged to have a relationship.

epscape

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C, D

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C