This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is visiting a patient who lives in a single-room occupancy hotel. The patient requires ... (Read 59 times)

vicky

The nurse is visiting a patient who lives in a single-room occupancy hotel. The patient requires wound care and medication management. There is no running water in the room, and the bathroom down the hall is in disrepair and filthy.

The patient's room is not clean. What supplies would be essential for the nurse to bring with him when visiting this client?
  a. All wound care supplies needed for the duration of the care
  b. Reclosable plastic bags for disposal of old dressings
  c. Small, biohazard sharps container to be left in the room
  d. Waterless, antibacterial hand sanitizer solution

Question 2

A 56-year-old woman provides care to her 91-year-old widowed father. She says she is frequently fatigued and that she no longer socializes with her friends. I'm so busy taking care of my dad. It's really hard work because he is bedridden.

Sometimes it breaks my heart when I have to feed and bathe him. He always seemed so strong when I was a child. The most appropriate nursing diagnosis for this woman is
  a. Caregiver Role Strain
  b. Impaired Home Maintenance
  c. Interrupted Family Processes
  d. Risk for Caregiver Role Strain

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

qytan

Answer to Question 1

D
The nurse should use a waterless antibacterial hand sanitizer in place of soap and water because there is no sink and conditions are filthy. The nurse should limit the supplies brought into the home if the conditions are not clean. Wound care supplies, for example, would be ordered and kept in the home. Old dressings should be double-bagged to prevent leakage, and discarded in the home. There is no evidence that a sharps disposal container is needed.

Answer to Question 2

A
This caregiver is experiencing fatigue, isolation, and difficulty adjusting to role changes. These are signs of Caregiver Role Strain. Because symptoms exist, this is an actual problem as opposed to a potential problem. There is no evidence of Impaired Home Maintenance. Although family processes have been altered, this is not the best nursing diagnosis based on the defining characteristics given.

vicky

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

peter

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library