This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An 80-year-old healthy male sees the nurse practitioner at the doctor's office. He states, I sit ... (Read 28 times)

naturalchemist

An 80-year-old healthy male sees the nurse practitioner at the doctor's office. He states, I sit around a lot and now I notice my legs seem to get tired when I walk. What is the most appropriate response by the nurse?

a. You don't have as good circulation as you did when you were younger. Be sure you take rests.
  b. How do you feel about joining a regular exercise program at the senior center?
  c. You will need to speak to the doctor about this.
  d. Have you thought about using a cane or walker?

Question 2

The daughter of an 82-year old patient tells the nurse, When I ask my dad to do something, it takes him a long time to respond to me. But he does do what I ask. Which is the most appropriate response by the nurse is?

a. At this age, your dad does not have the same intelligence he had when he was younger.
  b. It is more difficult for a man in this age group to learn new things.
  c. Reaction time slows in older adults, so it takes him more time to process your requests.
  d. He is likely developing some dementia, as this is a normal development in his age group.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kiamars2010

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

naturalchemist

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

phuda

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

Did you know?

Malaria was not eliminated in the United States until 1951. The term eliminated means that no new cases arise in a country for 3 years.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library