This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An 80-year-old healthy male sees the nurse practitioner at the doctor's office. He states, I sit ... (Read 29 times)

naturalchemist

An 80-year-old healthy male sees the nurse practitioner at the doctor's office. He states, I sit around a lot and now I notice my legs seem to get tired when I walk. What is the most appropriate response by the nurse?

a. You don't have as good circulation as you did when you were younger. Be sure you take rests.
  b. How do you feel about joining a regular exercise program at the senior center?
  c. You will need to speak to the doctor about this.
  d. Have you thought about using a cane or walker?

Question 2

The daughter of an 82-year old patient tells the nurse, When I ask my dad to do something, it takes him a long time to respond to me. But he does do what I ask. Which is the most appropriate response by the nurse is?

a. At this age, your dad does not have the same intelligence he had when he was younger.
  b. It is more difficult for a man in this age group to learn new things.
  c. Reaction time slows in older adults, so it takes him more time to process your requests.
  d. He is likely developing some dementia, as this is a normal development in his age group.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kiamars2010

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

naturalchemist

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

yeungji

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library