This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient newly diagnosed with breast cancer tells the nurse, I'm worried I won't survive to see my ... (Read 37 times)

A patient newly diagnosed with breast cancer tells the nurse, I'm worried I won't survive to see my children grow up. Which response by the nurse best conveys concern and active listening?

1) There have been many advances in breast cancer treatment; hope for the best.
  2) Breast cancer is a serious disease; I can understand why you're worried.
  3) You're strong and have youth on your side to fight the breast cancer.
  4) I'd be worried too; I've seen a lot of patients die from breast cancer.

Question 2

The wife of an elderly patient begins crying after she is informed that he is has a terminal illness. Which intervention by the nurse is best?

1) Sit quietly with the patient's wife and allow her to compose her thoughts.
  2) Inform the wife that a chaplain is available if she would like to speak to him.
  3) Remind the wife that her husband has lived a long and useful life.
  4) Tell the wife there are always options and suggest she not give up hope.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cpetit11

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 1

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

amit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library