This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: For a client who has viral hepatitis, which of these statements is TRUE? a. Frequent rest periods ... (Read 40 times)

ishan

For a client who has viral hepatitis, which of these statements is TRUE?

a. Frequent rest periods are optional. c. Food preparation is unaffected.
  b. Thorough hand hygiene is essential. d. Donating blood is encouraged.

Question 2

A client who has viral hepatitis should have which dietary modification to allow the liver to heal?

a. restricted caloric intake c. low carbohydrate
  b. restricted fluids d. low protein

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mmpiza

Answer to Question 1

B
Nursing care focuses on teaching the client about the disease process and its management, with content focused on the specific type of viral infection (i.e., A, B, C, D, or E), improving or maintaining nutritional status, and managing fatigue.

Answer to Question 2

D
Medical treatment focuses on resting the liver and detecting complications early. Antiemetics and vitamins C, B complex, and K are often prescribed, in addition to dietary modifications such as fat or protein restriction.

ishan

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

tranoy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library