This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is having chest pain. To distinguish between an acute myocardial infarction (MI) and angina ... (Read 50 times)

CharlieWard

A client is having chest pain. To distinguish between an acute myocardial infarction (MI) and angina that may be due to other causes,

which of the following diagnostic tests would the nurse expect to be ordered for this client? (Select all that apply).
  a. troponin I d. CD4
  b. CPK e. cholesterol
  c. CA 125 f. troponin T cardiac-specific

Question 2

A client has just returned to the nursing unit following a cardiac catheterization. The catheter was placed in the right femoral artery. The test was uneventful. Which instruction should the nurse include on the nursing care plan?

a. Check the urine for hematuria for 24 hours.
  b. Inspect the hands for signs of circulatory problems.
  c. Keep the client on bed rest for 6 hours.
  d. Restrict the client's fluid intake.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

AaaA

Answer to Question 1

A, B, F
CPK, troponin I, and troponin T cardiac-specific would be ordered to distinguish between an acute myocardial infarction (MI) and angina that may be due to other causes.

Answer to Question 2

C
Post-cardiac catheterization interventions include inspecting distally for signs of circulatory problems, monitoring the insertion site for bleeding, and keeping the client on bed rest for 6 hours to prevent risk of hemorrhage.

CharlieWard

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library