This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A physician's order for a client states the administration of a medication b.i.d. How many times ... (Read 128 times)

future617RT

A physician's order for a client states the administration of a medication b.i.d. How many times should the nurse administer the medication to the client?

A) Every day
  B) Twice a day
  C) Four times a day
  D) Every other day

Question 2

A health care facility plans to evaluate and revise the plan of care for a client based on the client's medical records.

The physician, dietitian, and the nurse involved in the client's care are required to collate all of the information for easy access. Which style do you think the agency is following in order to record the client details? A) Focus charting
  B) Narrative charting
  C) PIE charting
  D) SOAP charting

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

orangecrush

Answer to Question 1

B
The abbreviation b.i.d. is a commonly used abbreviation that means twice a day. The abbreviation q.d. indicates every day; q.i.d indicates four times a day; and q.o.d indicates every other day.

Answer to Question 2

D
In SOAP charting, everyone involved in a client's care makes entries in the same location in the chart. Narrative charting is time-consuming to write and read, as it involves sorting through the lengthy notation for specific information that correlates the client's problems with care and progress. Focus charting follows a DAR model. PIE charting is a method of recording the client's progress under the headings of problem, intervention, and evaluation.

future617RT

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

bulacsom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library