This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What term refers to a fever whose cause cannot be determined? a. Febrile b. Afebrile c. Fever ... (Read 21 times)

scienceeasy

What term refers to a fever whose cause cannot be determined?

a. Febrile
  b. Afebrile
  c. Fever of unknown origin (FUO)
  d. Pyrexic

Question 2

A woman is making plans for her holiday dinner and shares with her butcher that she will be inviting her family.

When the butcher asks who will be coming, she replies, My two children and their spouses, my ex-son-in-law is bringing my grandson, and my ex-mother-in-law is com-ing. This is an example of which of the following? a. Family durability
  b. Family resiliency
  c. Family diversity
  d. Nuclear family

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mochi09

Answer to Question 1

C
The term fever of unknown origin (FUO) refers to a fever whose cause cannot be determined. When the fever breaks, the temperature returns to an acceptable range and the patient becomes afebrile (a- means not or without, so afebrile means without fever). A true fever results from an alteration in the hypothalamic set point. Substances that trigger the immune system, such as bac-teria or viruses, stimulate the release of hormones in an effort to promote the body's defense against infection. These hormones also trigger the hypothalamus to raise the set point, inducing a febrile episode. The condition of pyrexia or fever occurs because heat loss mechanisms are unable to keep pace with excess heat production, resulting in an abnormal rise in body temperature. Febrile means the patient does have a fever.

Answer to Question 2

A
Family durability is the intrafamilial system of support and structure that sometimes extends beyond the walls of the household. Through divorce, remarriages, or cohabitation new members are added to a family. In addition, an extended family also includes contact with former spouses or partners. Family diversity is the uniqueness of each family. Family resiliency is the ability of the family to cope with expected and unexpected stressors. A nuclear family consists of husband and wife (and perhaps one or more children).

scienceeasy

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

epscape

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library