This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is having a problem with wound healing. The nurse assesses the patient's tray and finds ... (Read 27 times)

Deast7027

A patient is having a problem with wound healing. The nurse assesses the patient's tray and finds that only 25 of all meals are eaten. The nurse teaches the patient that protein intake is important for what reasons? (Select all that apply.)

a. It is essential for body tissue growth.
  b. It is essential for tissue maintenance.
  c. Essential amino acids can only be obtained from dietary sources.
  d. It is essential for repair.
  e. Negative nitrogen balance is needed for wound healing.

Question 2

A patient's daughter died in a ski accident. The patient stated, I cannot believe my daughter has died. According to Worden's tasks of mourning, the patient is experiencing task:

a. I.
  b. II.
  c. III.
  d. IV.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leannegxo

Answer to Question 1

A, B, C, D
Protein provides energy, but because of the essential role of protein in growth, maintenance, and repair, a diet needs to provide adequate kilocalories from nonprotein sources. The body is unable to synthesize some amino acids, such as essential amino acids. The body can only obtain these from daily food sources. The body needs a positive nitrogen balance, not negative, for growth, maintenance of lean muscle mass and vital organs, and wound healing.

Answer to Question 2

A
Task II is working through the pain of grief. It is impossible to experience a loss without some degree of emotional pain. Individuals who deny or suppress the pain often prolong their grief. Task I occurs when the individual accepts the reality of the loss. Task III occurs when people adjust to the environment in which the deceased is missing. Task IV occurs when the person emotionally relocates the deceased and moves on with life.

Deast7027

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library