This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is assessing a patient's stage of behavioral change. Which statement by the patient will ... (Read 10 times)

craiczarry

A nurse is assessing a patient's stage of behavioral change. Which statement by the patient will indicate to the nurse that the patient is in the preparation stage?

a. I started to exercise regularly, but it didn't last long. I'll probably try again in a few weeks.
  b. I have a problem, and I really think I need to work on it.
  c. I am really working hard to stop smoking.
  d. There is nothing that I really need to change.

Question 2

A nurse needs to begin teaching about crutch walking with a 14-year-old patient. Which action should the nurse take first?

a. Motivate the patient to comply with the use of crutches.
  b. Prevent diseases and learn good health promotion activities for crutch walking.
  c. Allow the entire health care team to give the patient a variety of strategies for crutch walking.
  d. Determine the patient's level of knowledge and perception of the learning needed for crutch walking.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

shewald78

Answer to Question 1

A
I started to exercise regularly, but it didn't last long. I'll probably try again in a few weeks is the preparation stage. I have a problem, and I really think I need to work on it is the contemplation stage. I am really working hard to stop smoking is the action stage. There is nothing that I really need to change is the precontemplation stage.

Answer to Question 2

D
Determining a patient's level of knowledge is the first step. Assess the patient's level of knowledge, intellectual skills, and literacy level before beginning a teaching plan. The first step is not to motivate a patient. A patient's motivation to learn is an important factor; however, a patient's motivation helps to determine if the patient is prepared and willing to learn, not what needs to be taught. Health education is not focused on disease prevention as a primary goal, but on assisting patients to achieve optimal levels of health. Although the entire health care team may be involved with patient education, the educator must select the appropriate teaching strategy for the patient's ability to learn.

craiczarry

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

matt95

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library