This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse teaches the client to cough and deep-breathe, and determines that the client understood ... (Read 102 times)

fnuegbu

The nurse teaches the client to cough and deep-breathe, and determines that the client understood teaching when which of the following statements is made?

1. I should breathe in slowly through my mouth and out through my nose.
  2. I should breathe in and cough as soon as I'm done inhaling.
  3. I should hold a rolled pillow against my abdomen when I cough, to splint the incision.
  4. I will begin coughing and deep-breathing the day after surgery.

Question 2

The nurse has provided preoperative teaching, and determines that further teaching is needed when the client states:

1. Once I receive the preoperative medication, I will need to remain in bed.
  2. I can wait until just before leaving for the operating room to remove my wedding ring and false teeth.
  3. My family will wait for me in the holding area while I am in surgery.
  4. I should not eat or drink anything for eight hours before surgery.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

brbarasa

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The client should breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth. After inhaling, the client should hold the breath for a few seconds before coughing. Exercises should begin as soon as possible after surgery.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The client's family may be allowed in the holding area, depending on facility policy, to stay with the client until she leaves for surgery. Once the client has been taken to the OR, the family will go to the waiting room, and will be informed of the client's condition when the surgery is completed, or occasionally, throughout an extended procedure. The remaining statements are correct.

fnuegbu

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

ultraflyy23

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library