This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is working on a rehabilitation unit and caring for a client whose family members come in ... (Read 29 times)

torybrooks

The nurse is working on a rehabilitation unit and caring for a client whose family members come in every day and ask, What progress was made today? The nurse best responds to these repeated questions by:

1. Informing the family they don't need to ask this question because they will be told when progress is made.
  2. Informing the family that the client's progress can be assessed best by them when they visit.
  3. Providing the client's progress and daily activities, with the client's permission.
  4. Informing the family that they will need to talk with the client to get that information.

Question 2

The nurse is reviewing crutch-walking with the client prior to discharge. The nurse concludes that the client needs further instruction if the client states which of the following?

1. Each step I take with crutches should feel comfortable to me.
  2. I need to inspect the crutch tips and replace them if they are worn.
  3. I should pad the crutches well to protect my armpits.
  4. I should wear running shoes to support my feet.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tuate

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Part of the role of the nurse in rehabilitation is to review signs and symptoms and progress with family frequently, and this family's concern and involvement should be encouraged, because the client will require this support in order to maximize recovery. The client's confidentiality must be respected, so permission is needed from the client to share information with the family. If the client is unable to provide permission, the medical power of attorney will make the decision.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The crutches do not need to be padded on the top, as the hands and upper arms are used for support. Allowing the armpits to bear the body weight will cause nerve damage and alignment problems. The other statements by the client are correct.

torybrooks

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

shailee

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library