This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is working on a rehabilitation unit and caring for a client whose family members come in ... (Read 30 times)

torybrooks

The nurse is working on a rehabilitation unit and caring for a client whose family members come in every day and ask, What progress was made today? The nurse best responds to these repeated questions by:

1. Informing the family they don't need to ask this question because they will be told when progress is made.
  2. Informing the family that the client's progress can be assessed best by them when they visit.
  3. Providing the client's progress and daily activities, with the client's permission.
  4. Informing the family that they will need to talk with the client to get that information.

Question 2

The nurse is reviewing crutch-walking with the client prior to discharge. The nurse concludes that the client needs further instruction if the client states which of the following?

1. Each step I take with crutches should feel comfortable to me.
  2. I need to inspect the crutch tips and replace them if they are worn.
  3. I should pad the crutches well to protect my armpits.
  4. I should wear running shoes to support my feet.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tuate

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Part of the role of the nurse in rehabilitation is to review signs and symptoms and progress with family frequently, and this family's concern and involvement should be encouraged, because the client will require this support in order to maximize recovery. The client's confidentiality must be respected, so permission is needed from the client to share information with the family. If the client is unable to provide permission, the medical power of attorney will make the decision.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The crutches do not need to be padded on the top, as the hands and upper arms are used for support. Allowing the armpits to bear the body weight will cause nerve damage and alignment problems. The other statements by the client are correct.

torybrooks

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

scottmt

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library